How to find out about deleted leads in Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to find out about deleted leads in Marketo?

I was browsing through some of the REST API's on Marketo's developer site and I stumbled upon the API on how to get deleted leads.

Get Deleted Leads » Marketo Developers . Has anyone tried it out.

Couple of question if you have tried it out:

-- How far back in time we can go to pull the leads that have been deleted?

-- Is there a way to pull email address of the deleted lead? [ I was only able to see the lead name in the primary attribute of the response]

-- Are you able to find about the leads that were deleted on a specific day or within a specific timeframe (let's say month of August 2016)

Looking forward to your inputs.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to find out about deleted leads in Marketo?

I can't speak for the API itself, but I was told by support it is possible to restore leads up to 10 days after deletion.

Miles_Ybaben
Level 1

Hi Harjot,

-- Is there a way to pull email address of the deleted lead? [ I was only able to see the lead name in the primary attribute of the response]

No there is not unfortunately. The GET deleted lead API call is used for systems synchronization, so that something like a CRM could record the deletion.

-- How far back in time we can go to pull the leads that have been deleted?

Deleted leads can be restored approximately 15-20 days back in time.

-- Are you able to find about the leads that were deleted on a specific day or within a specific timeframe (let's say month of August 2016)

This is not possible. Support is only able to restore leads based on the email address, Marketo Lead ID, or the smart campaign that deleted the leads.

Note: if the campaign runs multiple times (within the 15-20 days) then all leads are restored, not just the most recent run.

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

I tried the deleted leads API today. I could not get to the email addresses of the deleted leads. However, I found the campaign ID quite useful - it allowed me to access one-off single flow actions used to delete leads. This could be useful when investigating who deleted leads and how. I was not looking more than 20 days back so I do not know how much history is available.

tthomas
Level 1

I can tell you one quick and simple way to find them out, if you have SFDC as your CRM, and the lead was deleted by Marketo in both your Marketo and SFDC CRM instance. One point to remember, you can see only the leads/contacts deleted in last 15 days.

1. Go to SFDC 'Org Recycle Bin'. 

2. Sort by column 'Deleted by' as Marketo integration user.

3. Type = Lead, Contact

Thats it! You can see all the leads which were deleted by Marketo. In Marketo you need their support team to recover the leads deleted in last 10 days. You wont have visiblity to see the deleted leads of last 7 days unless they recover it for you. But in SFDC, you can still view them in recycle bin of last 15 days. Hope this helps to some extent!