How to find data center of my tenant?

Sandeep_Lati1
Level 2

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Re: How to find data center of my tenant?

Do you mean which server pod your instance is hosted? If that's what you mean, you can look at the URL of your Marketo instance to deduce the data center where your pod is hosted. It's not 100% clear, but here's what I know generally: 

Example: https://app-abc.marketo.com/#SLXXXXA1

The "App-XXX" portion of the URL indicates which server pod you're on. You'll see some abbreviations there and according to other posts on the community, here are most of them: 

SJ, SJX, or SJRCA=San Jose

AB=Ashburn, VA

ABD=Ashburn?

LON=London

Sandeep_Lati
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. It helps a lot. Could you share where can I get full abbreviations details from Marketo documentation page?

Could you also please help me understand what is the number means next to lon etc..

Example: https://app-lon15.mkto.com/#CAXXXX (dummy url)

-Sandeep

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Nth host. Like if you have 20 hosts in a Data center (assuming no additional load balancing) they're 01-20. Standard public naming convention instead of calling them Abel, Brian, Chrystal, etc.

wbarillas
Level 1

Hi Chris, 

I know it's a topic from two years ago, but for companies that are in other regions like South America, does Marketo use CDNs? or some other resource? so that the information flows faster.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

CDNs aren't practical for entirely dynamic parts of the app (i.e. the logged-in parts).

Marketo does use CloudFront in front of pages/services that play well with caching.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@wbarillas ,

Marketo has pods in many locations.  I can't comment on South America, but for example in New Zealand, my clients tend to be deployed on the Sydney (SN) pod.