How to find a count for web page visits for an engagement program

Ben_Cooper
Level 2

How to find a count for web page visits for an engagement program

New to Marketo here. I have an engagement program going and I am trying to determine all page visits for all known users in the program. When I run the report, I get the normal list of names, etc. Then I can drill down into each name and see how many times they visited a particular page that was used in the engagement program. But, is there an easy way to aggregate all visits by all members of the engagement program and see the total? I am just trying to see how much traffic was driven by the call to action link in the email. I am already running a smart on list on member of engagement program + visited web page.

3 REPLIES 3
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to find a count for web page visits for an engagement program

No I don't think so.  You have to pull the reports and export them out and sum the information yourself.  I believe.

What is the smart list member of eng program + visited web page not providing that you need?  I assume that you want more than just the list because that will only give you any person in that program that visited a web page.  It won't give you straight counts. 

Ben_Cooper
Level 2

Ok. Yes. I can export the list and sum them up that way. But, I would also like to extract the number of times an individual visited a page from the engagement program. I can drill down into the user and see that information. But, to try to tally that for 1000's of people would be impractical.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To be honest Ben Cooper​, Marketo is not very good at reporting on this type of clickstream data. You would be better of to do that in Google Analytics.

Now, if I understand your requirement correctly - that you want to count not just the # of people who visited a page, but the total # of visits to that page from the engagement program members - you could potentially do this using a number of smart lists.

Member of Engagement Program + visited [your page] at least once

+

Member of Engagement Program + visited [your web page] at least twice

+

And add it all up. This is a huge pain though.

Easier to just make sure you tag the link from your engagement program email to identify those users then use Google Analytics or another web analytics tool for counting page visits.