Re: How to find Forms and Landing Pages

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

How to find Forms and Landing Pages

Have you ever been sent a link to a Marketo Landing Page or Form and asked to update it? But without the Marketo program, it's hard to track things down, here's a tip on how to go backwards from the Landing Page to the Program without having to fill in the form:

In Chrome (Firefox too)

N.B. You will need to understand HTML to some extent to do this

1. Right click somewhere on the landing page and click Inspect
  2. The code will appear, press Ctrl + F (PC) or CMD + F (Mac) to open up the search
    Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.16.57.png
  3. For Forms search for formid or for Landing Pages search for lpId, you'll then see code similar to this
    Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.15.05.png
  4. What we see in the value= part for each line of the code is what we want to use when we go into Marketo
  5. Open up and login your Marketo instance
  6. Click on web address bar
    click1.png
  7. Delete everything until the hash (#), please note you need the full url, the screenshot below just blanks out my instance url, i.e. it will look like: https://app-xx01.marketo.com/#
    Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.30.52.png
  8. For Forms type FO then take the number from the value= part of the formid line in the code, in my example it's 213 (please note this will be whatever number you see for your formid value)
    fo.png
  9. The page will refresh (Marketo will add additional letters and numbers onto the url, so don't worry if you see this happening), please do another hard refresh: F5 (PC) or CMD + R (Mac), this allows the left menu to update to the form location, you'll then see the Form in Marketo
  10. For Landing Pages do everything in step 7 then type LP and take the number from the value= part of the lpId line in the code, in my example it's 7857 (please note this will be whatever number you see for your lpId value)
    lp.png
  11. The page will refresh (Marketo will add additional letters and numbers onto the url, so don't worry if you see this happening), please do another hard refresh: F5 (PC) or CMD + R (Mac), this allows the left menu to update to the form location, you'll then see the Landing Page in Marketo

I hope this helps speed up the process of finding things using Landing Page links and external links.

This works for both Forms 2.0 and Forms 1.0 along with embedded forms.

10 REPLIES 10
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

This is great Frank. We append the program ID into our landing page URL's and email footers to create more visibility.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Frank! Still helping me out even after we don't work together anymore

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Great Tip Frank

Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

This is Awesome Frank .. but Doesn't work for older landing pages! Unfortunately! I tried using this trick on TCS Main Contacts Nordic page but to no advantage .. Do you have any magic trick for the older pages please?

Thanks in advance,

Best

Manish

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Manish Khemani​ - You could fill out a form/send an email to yourself and click the cta, to get tracked, and then visit the URL(for which you want the Marketo LP) within the same browser. This should log as Visited Web Page in the activity log from where you can get the clues. Not as slick as the lpid/formid trick though

Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

Thank You Sir-ji, Yes crude but a helpful and thoughtful trick . But seriously hope Marketo does something about this to solve it in one of their releases.

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Marketo also allows you to look up a URL in the Design Studio.

In Design Studio, click on Landing Page:

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 11.27.27.png

Then in the Quick Find..., input the URL and search, Marketo will return the Landing Page that uses that URL:

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 11.27.41.png

From here you will be able to find the related program, form, etc... This will work for Guided and Free-form LP's.

N.B. You don't always have to have the full URL to search, Marketo will except the following:

http://pages.mycompany.com/landing-page.html

landing-page.html

landing-page

Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

Thanks Frank,

Yes this worked for some URLs, But the URL in question is actually residing in an 'Archived' folder. Checked with Marketo and they said the above solution will not work for Archived URLs. Is there a work around for the same?

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

By default, the search is only set to Non Archived pages, to add Archived pages into the search, click Show Archived at the top of the page:

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.29.26.png

Once clicked it will look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.30.27.png

Once you search again, you should be able to find the page in question.