SOLVED

Re: How to expend a text area in a change data value flow step?

Go to solution
Carl_Delafonta2
Level 3

How to expend a text area in a change data value flow step?

Hello,

When using a ''Change Data Value'' flow step in a smart campaign, the text area to enter the new value is really small. I'm wondering if it is possible to expend the size of the text area ? The reason is I'm using a custom text field from our CRM to provide a description when sending new leads to our sales reps. However, when adding the description in the flow step, the text box is too small and I have to copy and paste the text in a text editor every time.

change-data-value.png

Anyone has a way to resize the text area ?

This is how my custom field looks like in the lead detail section

mkto-description.png

Thanks in advance!

Carl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The bigger problem is that the text input strips out line breaks (real text line breaks, not <br>s). But Carl, I happen to know you have a tool that can fix this if you populate the field via webhook instead of via ​Change Data Value.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No. You just have to paste it in.

SanfordWhiteman

The bigger problem is that the text input strips out line breaks (real text line breaks, not <br>s). But Carl, I happen to know you have a tool that can fix this if you populate the field via webhook instead of via ​Change Data Value.

Carl_Delafonta2
Level 3

Hello Sanford,

I agree with you, this is a bit of an issue when sending long descriptions. However, I didn't know that I could use <br>s and webhooks to fix this problem. Thanks for the feedback! Do you happen to have an example that explains how to do it using  webhooks ?

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, in JavaScript (i.e. your FlowBoost template) use backticks and then line break literals are supported:

var personNotes = `This

note

has

multiple

lines.`

Carl_Delafonta2
Level 3

Hello Sandford,

Thanks for providing an example. Next time, I'll try using this for my description.