SOLVED

How to deal with score calculation that field type is float instead of score?

Go to solution
rebeccaqu
Level 2

How to deal with score calculation that field type is float instead of score?

Hi Community,

I'm looking to recreate the functionality a "Change Score" flow step does. Essentially is to add float fields to maintain a cumulative score based on these float fields.

The reason I'm looking into this is because "Change Score" can only handle field with "Score" type, which has to be integer. My case is to cumulatively added up float numbers, such as 0.023, 1,64, etc.

Any suggestion/workaround is welcome!

Thank you!

Rebecca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to deal with score calculation that field type is float instead of score?

The Float datatype shouldn't be used for anything in Marketo, really — use scaled Integers anywhere you'd think about using a (32-bit) Float.

If you must, you can do floating-point score math via a webhook.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Re: How to deal with score calculation that field type is float instead of score?

The Float datatype shouldn't be used for anything in Marketo, really — use scaled Integers anywhere you'd think about using a (32-bit) Float.

If you must, you can do floating-point score math via a webhook.
polinakoroleva
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

Could you please give some more details? we are facing the same problem at the moment and for us is very crucial to have that particular score with decimals. 

Appreciate any advice,

Kindest,

Polina

SanfordWhiteman

Could you please give some more details? we are facing the same problem at the moment and for us is very crucial to have that particular score with decimals. 

You can't do this kind of math without passing the scores to a webhook and mapping the result back to a field.

Not sure if there are deeper details you need — and due to Community rules I can't recommend a specific service.