How to create a trigger campaign to assign all new leads from the same company to the same sales rep?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a trigger campaign to assign all new leads from the same company to the same sales rep?

We have this issue that two sales reps got leads from the same company and both are talking to them at the same time. Is there a way to create a trigger campaign to assign leads that are from companies or accounts already exist in Salesforce?
(e.g. Mike came in as a new lead with email address mike@xyz.com, then assign Mike to the rep who owns lead/contact that has the same email domain @xyz.com)

Any idea is welcome.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to create a trigger campaign to assign all new leads from the same company to the same sales rep?

I used Salesforce lead assignment rules for this. If company field contains blah blah, then ignore assignment rules and assign to owner. This helped when leads came in from non-headquarter locations. I didnt see a way to do it in Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to create a trigger campaign to assign all new leads from the same company to the same sales rep?

Thanks Christina.
I'm not a salesforce expert so I'm not sure how we do that when a new lead is created.
My original thought was to create a trigger campaign and look at email domain when a lead is created, look up Salesforce to see if this email domain (i.e. @amazon.com) exists. If it does, use token to assign to the lead owner.

There might be another way, like you suggested, to work around in Salesforce but I don't know how to.
Can you share more details how you did that?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are your lead assignment rules in Salesforce or Marketo?

You could use the domain but I would also include an 'or' to include the Company Name field and force the assignment that way.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Marketo but I don't know if we can do Vlookup in Marketo to tell if an email domain already exists.