SOLVED

How to create a smart list showing new names?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a smart list showing new names?

Hi all,

we created our first campaign with great online content gated by a Marketo form. Now the program shows me in the reports that we have several leads who filled out the form we already knew before. But it also shows me that we have some new names as well.

Is there a way to create a smart list that shows only the new names/new leads?

Best,

Katrin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: How to create a smart list showing new names?

Hey Katrin Hahn​, if you're using a local page or form to your program, then an acquisition program should be assigned to anyone who is new to your database from that program. This would be shown in the program summary under "Acquired By", or the Acquired By column in the members report.

If you aren't using a local form or landing page within the campaign, I would suggest that you assign an acquisition program manually through a flow step if someone new is acquired by your program so that you can easily pull this information in the future!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You could try:

Member of program: True OR Filled out Form: <form name> on page: <webpage or LP>

Lead was created: in past X days

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Depending on your CRM, I'd also put something in there like "SFDC created date is empty" to make sure they didn't exist in CRM either.

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

this not really working. The program analytics show me that 3 new names have been created, but a smart list containing the criteria you mentioned above only shows 1 new name. 😞

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Katrin Hahn​, if you're using a local page or form to your program, then an acquisition program should be assigned to anyone who is new to your database from that program. This would be shown in the program summary under "Acquired By", or the Acquired By column in the members report.

If you aren't using a local form or landing page within the campaign, I would suggest that you assign an acquisition program manually through a flow step if someone new is acquired by your program so that you can easily pull this information in the future!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

what exactly do you mean by an acquisition program that should be assigned to new leads? I have a local form within a specific program. And the report in Analytics area already shows me the number of new names that have been generated via this form. Now the only thing I want to have is a list that shows me the names of those "new names".

If the only way to do that is to create an acquisition program, could you please specify this a bit more?

Best, Katrin

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Katrin, from the Summary page of your actual program (Marketing Activities, not Analytics), you can see the number of people acquired by. If you click on the members tab and sort by acquired by column, you should have what you're looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Dory. That is what I was looking for 🙂