SOLVED

Re: How to clone a program without copying the people inside the static list of the source program?

Go to solution
Domitille_Balas
Level 2

How to clone a program without copying the people inside the static list of the source program?

We have an issue when cloning a program that already ran with populated static list.

When we clone a program which contains a populated static list, it clones the static list with those leads within the new program. Furthermore it creates an activity in the leads activity log. For example if a lead was added to a ‘Converted’ list in the source program, he/she will be also automatically be added to the ‘Converted’ list in the cloned program, even though this lead never went through out this new program nor the program is activated yet.

Does anybody know if it is possible not to copy the leads inside the static lists when cloning programs? Or if there is an idea already created that will go in this sense?

Thank you!

Domitille

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carmella_Dunn-H
Level 2

Re: How to clone a program without copying the people inside the static list of the source program?

I found an idea for this created 3 years ago here:

Surprised it hasn't gotten more votes. The best practice I've put into place is just getting in the habit of cloning the program template every time. This also helps me to catch updates that need to be made to the template itself.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately you will need to remove the list before cloning.  Not sure if there is an idea for this already

Carmella_Dunn-H
Level 2

I found an idea for this created 3 years ago here:

Surprised it hasn't gotten more votes. The best practice I've put into place is just getting in the habit of cloning the program template every time. This also helps me to catch updates that need to be made to the template itself.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, it is far better to clone a Template and not the last program you made. A lot of programs get customizations and it's bad to keep copying them over.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Fully agree with this.

-Greg

ESGUPANDUIT
Level 1

What about if the program contain more that 1,000 of members?

Can we clone the engage program with all assets and any member?

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@ESGUPANDUIT ,

I think your question is the REVERSE of the original topic.  Start a new thread, especially given this one is years old!

ayaspan
Level 3

I don't know why Marketo purports to have this capability of event registrations when the actual experience of creating and managing them is a nightmare. The fact that I can't clone a program with a clean list (what kind of psychoweirdo I must be to want to do such a ridiculous thing), or set a registration cap... F- to this whole capability.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The standard practice is to have a template program that you clone, not a production program.