How to add emoji in Marketo email subject line? Did Marketo support for all browsers and mobile versions.

Nichole_Trobar1
Level 3

Re: How to add emoji in Marketo email subject line? Did Marketo support for all browsers and mobile versions.

Ryan_Shewchuk
Level 1

Re: How to add emoji in Marketo email subject line? Did Marketo support for all browsers and mobile versions.

Yep, used this method in our last email send and it worked perfectly!

Kimberly_Galit1
Level 4 - Champion

I also use the subject line assistant: Subject Line Assistant  (I thought I got this from Sanford's post but maybe not)

You can copy an emoji from just about anywhere and paste what you want (emoji included) for the subject line into that assistant to get the code you'll need to put into Marketo!

For example:

I Marketo

paste that into SLA and you get

=?utf-8?Q?I_=E2=9D=A4=EF=B8=8FMarketo?=

It works well! Still, of course, test, but I haven't seen many issues since using it!

Good places to get emojis:

https://emojipedia.org/ 

Full Emoji List, v12.1 

Nejka_McGeachie
Level 2

The subject line assistant website isn't working anymore -  we used this method for years! Does anyone have a solution??

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

My blog post is also linked above. It has a Q-encoder embedded in it.

Cody_Haener
Level 3

I wanted to share this in case someone else runs into the issue I was having. I was using @SanfordWhiteman awesome Q-encoder and pasting the code into my subject line before some additional subject line text. While testing, the emoji kept showing up as the full code vs the emoji. I played around with it some more and realized my text had an apostrophe that was causing the issue - probably because it was copied over from a Word doc. When I deleted the apostrophe and re-typed it directly into the subject line editor it seemed to fix the issue. 

Example:

=?UTF-8?Q?=F0=9F=93=96?= XYZs Communication & Engagement Archive

Deleting and re-typing the red apostrophe allowed the emoji to render correctly in the email client. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

An apostrophe must be Q-encoded and Marketo doesn’t like a mixture of pre-Q-encoded and automatically-Q-encoded text.