Re: How to Track Email Responses

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Heather,

No problem. I actually wrote a review here: https://www.g2crowd.com/products/siftrock/reviews/siftrock-review-362240

Heather_Padgett
Level 3

Adding a +1 for Siftrock... don't know how I lived without it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another +1 for Siftrock. Their integration into Marketo is seamless and I love how you can setup unique workflows so you can customize how you want to use the data that they mine from your email auto replies. Plus, the Siftrock team is awesome to work with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been hearing this question a lot more lately. Seems to be a rise in b2b companies sending human, plain-text, conversational “reply” CTA emails.

The main gap Yuri called out is about tracking replies for a *specific* program in Marketo.

Edward and Nate had a good idea on this. They showed us how to use progression statuses to log replies on a program. With those statuses you can then run attribution and automation based on “replied” instead of clicks/forms.

Here’s the full guide. https://siftrock.com/blog/how-to-track-email-replies-as-progression-statuses-in-marketo-the-mops-gui...

Does this solve your use case, Yuri?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the idea, but I have a questions

We mainly use conversational email CTAs. We end up getting a lot of replies that say, "No thanks" or "I'm not the right contact" or "Unsubscribe me" (even though we have a darn unsub button!). How could I keep these types of emails from being counted towards my "Replies" stage progression? I only want my, "Yes, I want a demo" replies to count as a conversion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really curious on this, so wanted to reiterate!

We mainly use conversational email CTAs, but we end up getting a lot of replies that say, "No thanks" or "I'm not the right contact" or "Unsubscribe me" (even though we have a darn unsub button!).

How could I keep these types of emails from being counted towards my "Replies" stage progression? I only want my, "Yes, I want a demo" replies to count as a conversion.