Re: How to Pull Smart List to Include Last Email Opened

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Pull Smart List to Include Last Email Opened

Hi There,

I'm trying to pull a contact list that includes last email opened. I looked at creating a custom field but I cannot figure out how to have it mapped to the last item in the campaign activity log. I just need a field with the email name, that's it. (We have multiple emails running at once so it would be a bit tedious to export a smart list for every email, so I'm looking for an alternative.

Or how can I update Last interesting moment to include ALL marketing emails sent?

Thank you,

Chelsea

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How to Pull Smart List to Include Last Email Opened

Hi Chelsea,

You will need to create a field, then add a smart campaign with a "opens email" trigger and a "data value change" flow step. The new value for the field will be "{{trigger.Name}}".

BUT (and there at least 2 very big BUT's):

1. this type of smart campaign can quickly overload your Marketo instance and impact the performance
  2. Email open activities are quite unreliable because it relies on the download of a pixel image. People who do not download images (outlook default) are not seen as opens. And Anti-virus software will download the image and fire the trigger, and yet no human being has opened the email.

-Greg