How to Map a Salesforce Field and Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Map a Salesforce Field and Marketo

I recently created a new custom field In Salesforce to match an existing Field in Marketo. This specific field is Email Invalid. I created this cusom field in Salesforce two days ago, and the fields still are not syncing. For example, the Leads in Marketo withthe email invalid box checked, do not carry over to the field under that same Lead record existing in SF. Both fields are checkboxes. 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Map a Salesforce Field and Marketo

Hi Tammie,

When you need to create a new custom field, you should create it in SFDC and make sure the marketo integration user has visibility to that field. That field will then automatically be created in Marketo during the next sync cycle.

Fields that are created in Marketo can never be mapped to a SFDC field. They are in Marketo only.

There are good articles on how to add fields.

Good luck,

Thomas
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Map a Salesforce Field and Marketo

Wow, Thank you, Thomas!!!
MKTO ought to put this front and center with their help article on creating a new custom MKTO fields and update their training for this, as well.

I was just about to create a custom field in MKTO for a survey where we ask for alternate shipping addresses for promo schwag...because there is already an "other address" standard field in SFDC Contacts, but not in Leads, we didn't want to include it in SFDC.  But we figured if more than 10% of respondents were filling it out, we'd add it later and deal with the training for reps, then.

Thank you for saving us the loss of data! 

You rock!
Lynn