How to Create an Appointment Reminder Based on Multiple Criteria

Patti_White
Level 1

How to Create an Appointment Reminder Based on Multiple Criteria

I'm new to the Marketo platform and I need some advice on how to create an appointment reminder based on multiple customer qualifications.

Scenario - sending a reminder to schedule an annual evaluation and test

Smart List - Will the below order filter my list to the correct customers?

We're using a custom object to keep record of multiple appointments. The annual evaluation is a specific appointment type in our system. I'm able to use the custom object to show - 

• Has appointment: true
    • Appointment Date & Time: in time frame > Last Year
    • Appointment Type: is > annual evaluation
    • Last Test: in past before > 1 year

Flow - Need help here!

I want to use the Wait step to send this reminder email 30 days prior to the date of the customer's last test. However, when I attempt to use the Advanced Wait Properties > Date Token option, the fields from my custom object aren't available. Is there a way around this? Or do I have to use something different?

Any and all advice is appreciated. If, based on your experience, you recommend I built this entirely different, I'm open to that. If you need more details, I'm also happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to Create an Appointment Reminder Based on Multiple Criteria

You can't use the CO fields as tokens (this is true not just for Wait steps, but in every other potential place except for in Velocity).

There's no reasonable way to accomplish this with the CO alone if (as is 100% expected!) the date a lead is Added to Appointment has no relationship to the Date & Time within the Appointment.

You'd have to map fields from the CO back to the lead, presumably at the source (the app sending the CO data) but potentially using another service after the CO is added to Mkto.

alesiaaal
Level 1

HI, could you please be more specific? I am also trying to set up reminders that trigger or not on the Selected date of the appointment thats a CO. 

I am also trying this other method - selected date in future 35 hours + selected date in future 7 hours but it is not working either... 
Would be great to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

alesiaaal
Level 1

Hey 🙂 Have you solved this? I am going thru the exact same thing. Would love to hear your solution.

Thanks