How to Bring over questions from live on24 webinars in Marketo ?

Prakash_Mohanda
Level 2

How to Bring over questions from live on24 webinars in Marketo ?

We have an integration with on24 and the normal integration doesn't bring over questions from a webinar. How do we bring over questions from a live webinar in on24 into marketo . IS there an API option or some other solution to this?

I have read a bunch a posts about this but not necessarily finding a good answer.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to Bring over questions from live on24 webinars in Marketo ?

Please move the question to Products​ (Move link will be at the right). This is isn't a support space, it's for discussing the Champs incentive program itself.

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Reach out to your CSM at On24 with this request and they will provide you with custom fields and integration instructions. The custom fields will need to be built in Marketo and synced to On24.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We were advised to do a double integration - Marketo for registration and Salesforce for event information and questions/polls. From there I'm able to trigger off of specific answers in Marketo using the SFDC Campaign object.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Strange that they would recommend that because of the probability of duplicates. Like Nick says ON24 can (via its use of Scribe) create Marketo COs.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Essentially what happens in my system is registration is controlled by Marketo and sent to ON24 and then Marketo puts the people into a SFDC campaign. That SFDC campaign is also connected to ON24 via Scribe, but it only sends data one time after the webinar ends. Then it fills in info on the campaign object with data like live attendees, run time, etc. The campaign member object gets updated with information like poll and survey responses and how long the person was in the webinar. ON24 does not update the member status at all in Salesforce, only in Marketo. Post-event I have to run a smart campaign that updates the campaign member status of attendees/no shows.

Ondemand information is controlled through Marketo.

So essentially while there is a connection providing information from ON24 to Salesforce campaigns, Marketo is controlling all registrants. I haven't had an issue where someone entered the webinar without registering, so I haven't had a problem with duplicates.