SOLVED

How should I set up my Event Program with various offers and elements?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I set up my Event Program with various offers and elements?

Hey all,

There are various elements and assets that go into promoting and executing an in-house event: Attendee registration, Call for Speakers applications, awards submissions, Mailing list updates signup, reminder emails, announcement emails, internal communications..

How do you all recommend setting up these various programs in Marketo to easily duplicate and scale over and over?

Should all LPs live inside one program? What if I want to take advantage of tokens? If we have multiple locations, should I set up a Master Operational program for each offer (Event Call For Speakers: Master), then have a mini campaign within each event?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How should I set up my Event Program with various offers and elements?

That's a tall order Allison. It really depends on how you want to report on it.

Take a look at Program Templates. There is a great video from the SUmmit by Adam Waterson and Jeff Shearer on using tokens well. A set of folder and local tokens could help you with this:

• Folder: Event 2015
    • Program 1 - Call for Speakers & Registration
    • Program 2 - Invitation and Registration for Attendees
      • 01 - Invite 1
      • 02 - Invite X...
      • and corresponding campaigns
      • reminder emails and campaigns
      • now you might want this program to be a central reg program while each invitation has a separate email program. It just depends if you want to report each touch separately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's a tall order Allison. It really depends on how you want to report on it.

Take a look at Program Templates. There is a great video from the SUmmit by Adam Waterson and Jeff Shearer on using tokens well. A set of folder and local tokens could help you with this:

• Folder: Event 2015
    • Program 1 - Call for Speakers & Registration
    • Program 2 - Invitation and Registration for Attendees
      • 01 - Invite 1
      • 02 - Invite X...
      • and corresponding campaigns
      • reminder emails and campaigns
      • now you might want this program to be a central reg program while each invitation has a separate email program. It just depends if you want to report each touch separately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Putting tokens aside, there's an appeal to having some of the secondary LPs in the original event program. I come across having to decide what the lead source should be for all of the extra forms, and it doesn't feel right.

There's an appeal to have a major template that has the CFP form, mailing list, etc.

But I guess both of you are right, that it's safer to have them in their own programs.

Then it's the question, is CFP form a Content channel?

thanks all!

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Allison, as Josh pointed out, you should think with your reporting requirements before you decide on the structure. Keep in mind that adding up and combining reports is a lot easier than trying to break it down after the fact.