Re: How often do you experience a P1 issues?

Jaime_Servaes
Level 3

How often do you experience a P1 issues?

We are fairly new to Marketo, got our instance in Jan 2017.  We were missing items from our instance when it was configured.  Since then we've had issues with all our SF data syncing over and have created multiple support tickets in which we had to do some hacking in SF to get all the data to push over. (I'm not 100% sure contact and account data is fully in Marketo yet).  We've also been having issues syncing SF custom objects too.  In the past 2-3 weeks issues I have emailed support about have in return turned into P1 issues that others were experiencing.

Being new here, is this common to have so many P1 issues in such a short time frame? Our previous automation platform never had these kind of issues.

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jaime,

Of course, this is absolutely not normal and not common. As a consultant, I have started and connected to SFDC about 40 Marketo instances, and never encountered such a situation.

Have you discussed all this with your customer account manager?

-Greg

Jaime_Servaes
Level 3

Thanks Greg.  I actually have emailed and called my customer account manager and I have yet to hear back from him.  At one point they had us working with a Consultant b/c of all the issues we've experienced but even he said that he isn't sure whats going on right now.

We asked many questions with our enablement consultant about the SF connection to ensure it would be configured correctly but it turns out we were given incorrect information and now we are trying to clean and fix it all.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh pointed out, it is very likely that some of your issues have their root cause in SFDC permission setup. Has this consultant looked into SFDC as well?

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It sounds like whoever did the implementation did not plan it well and there are likely permission errors, among others. Support isn't going to give you guidance on a lot of these issues, so I do recommend hiring an agency who can analyze the situation and rebuild the parts that are needed.

Marketo is pretty empty out of the box, so it does require a lot of thought when SFDC is complex.

That being said, I have had a few P1s in the past two months...mostly due to heavy overhead and a large db.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Definitely not normal, but a few months ago I upgraded and Marketo forgot to turn on my new features. Had to follow up a few times and do an audit to make sure I got everything I was paying for.