How often do you evaluate lead scoring?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How often do you evaluate lead scoring?

I'm curious how often other marketers are evaluating their lead scoring model.  Quarterly? Monthly?  Do you ever move the Lead to MQL point threshold?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often do you evaluate lead scoring?

We are actually in this process currently 🙂

It seems as if we will be evaluating our lead scoring every year along with any major updates to our regular reporting.

It just helps us to keep the criteria steady and for business development to settle into the way we do things.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say it is not untypical to evaluate your definitions on a quarterly basis and make sure that your scoring thresholds are in allignment. I would say a full evaluation should take place atleast once per year. 

- Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also say that it depends on your sales cycle (but probably at least once a year). If you have a very short cycle, you'll have lots of data in a short time as well, which might allow for monthly/quarterly updates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone analyzing closed one deals to find what the ideal lead looks like?  Then building out lead scoring to promote those look a like leads?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I recently fixed and had to change our scoring model which was incomplete to begin with.  I had to create  4 different scoring models for 4 different products with different sales cycles.  I had to base it on a few closed leads and tracked their past behaviors. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is also important to note, that when you are building out scoring for the first time, you might be evaluating it every week or few days. Then once you get it built out completely you will not have to watch it as closely. 

Looking at closed deals is what we used to deal. We would try to build an example of an "ideal" customer and follow their path to closed won. It many times is an eye opener for sales! 🙂 You think you know your customers, but then when you start seeing their path and their actions, you learn a lot more. 
Hank_Hansen
Level 5

I'm curious what methods people are using to analyze customer paths/behavior in order to establish your ideal customer paths. Looking at lead activity history 1-by-1 is pretty unwieldy.

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

I found this thread Anyone successfully accessed Activity Log data for behavior scoring analysis?  but I'm still curious how people are accomplishing this given that Marketo doesn't include these analysis tools (at least not to my knowledge).

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

If you're synced to Salesforce, it's a much easier platform for reporting on this type of engagement.