SOLVED

How often do segmentations update?

Go to solution
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

How often do segmentations update?

I created a Marketable segmentation a few weeks ago, and last week I did some work to remove some of our "non-marketable" leads from Marketo using a custom sync filter (basically I checked a "block from Marketo" box on all of the leads, have a Smart Campaign set up to remove these leads from Marketo but not delete from Salesforce, and now with the custom sync filter they will not flow back into Marketo).

The counts in the lead database updated, but my Marketable segmentation has remained the same, and it's been about 4 days since I deleted the leads. I tried creating a draft of the segmentation and then approving it and that didn't work. I tried unapproving and reapproving and that didn't work. The number that the segmentation says is greater than the total number of leads in our database, so I know it's outdated. I even cleared my cache. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How often do segmentations update?

Hi Sydney,

This is not normal. It should have updated quite quickly after the deletion.

You probably should log a ticket to support.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sydney,

This is not normal. It should have updated quite quickly after the deletion.

You probably should log a ticket to support.

-Greg

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Agreed with Greg here. Once you've confirmed that this record meets all of the criteria for this segmentation, I would reach out to support. It's also possible (I've made this mistake before) that there's something in the criteria preventing this person from entering the segment.

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

FYI for anyone who finds this question later - I contacted support and they informed me that leads deleted from Marketo are "soft deleted" for 30 days, which is why my segmentation pie charts were not updating. The individual smart lists for each slice of the segmentation are updated. This is expected behavior.