Re: How many times an email has been opened and/or clicked at the person level?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How many times an email has been opened and/or clicked at the person level?

Is there a way to figure out how many times an email has been opened or clicked by one person?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Karina - Marketo reporting is not that great on "how many". Using a smart list you could run a report on people who have clicked/opened a specific email more than once, or more than twice etc, but you can't really run a report or list on "how many". If you are looking at a specific person however their log will give you when they've opened/clicked on anything and you can add up the log entries to get how many...

That's all I got

Brian_Law_MKTO
Marketo Employee

Hi Karina, you could try building a Person/Lead Performance Report using custom columns (smart lists) to determine if a record opens or clicks on specific days after the email was sent. Wish I had more for ya.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brian Law​ and Veronica Holmes​,

Thanks for confirming what I suspected.  I was hoping that one of you clever guys had a trick to do it.

I am building a lead scoring model for existing leads so if I use "Open Email and Email is any" they would only be able to get let's say 5 points only.  The business really wanted to score based multiple activities.

Thanks for your help!

Veronica_Holme4

Hey Karina - I think we need more info on your use case. In the above lead scoring scenario I don't think I'm understanding what you're really trying to do. If you use Opened Email and Email is Any, you could then use the Minimum Number of Times constraint, that isn't getting you what you want?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you use Opened Email and Email is Any, you could then use the Minimum Number of Times constraint, that isn't getting you what you want?

Prob there is it'll apply to any email being clicked n times, not just the currently firing trigger email (dynamically detected).

Veronica_Holme4

Yes, good point. You'll probably have to go down to individual specified links being clicked a min number of times, that could get very messy and hard to manage very quickly. Hard nut to crack that one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have helped me heaps by confirming that it is not possible to have a counter .  Thanks and have a great weekend!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

... it is not possible to have a counter

It is and it isn't.

If I were charged with this -- and the need justified -- I would definitely use FlowBoost. (But of course I would. )

You could have a single (textarea) field in which you store the counts for each email, by name.

{

"Nurturing 01" : 21,

"Something Else 02" : 23

}

Then FB would handle the deduping and incrementing to tell you how many times the current triggering email (that's {{trigger.name}}) had been clicked.

EDIT: not clicked or opened, but just clicked. I wouldn't load the system with tracking opens.