SOLVED

Re: How is Marketo's Events app?

Go to solution
Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

How is Marketo's Events app?

So I recently received a picture of a handwritten list of attendees at an event we had...not cool. It's 2017 so I knew there was a better way. It didn't take me long to figure out Marketo has an events app - what is your experience with this app? Pros and cons? Looks like from just going through the docs pages that it doesn't work on phones, only tablets. It also looks like you can only mark people attended, not any other statuses.

If not the Marketo app, what other apps do you use?

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It's a decent app. I wish it were updated to be more like Certain or atEvent.

What it does:

• Syncs Program Member data of Registered within 7 day window of Scheduled Program Event Date.
  • Allows you to Mark Attended
  • Allows you to Add New People who show up randomly.
  • Works on Android or iPad tablets.

Issues:

• On shared usernames (it needs a user login if you want to be secure with non staff), it has issues logging in sometimes.
  • doesn't always sync, but haven't seen this problem myself.
  • A little clunky
  • intended for Marketers, not salespeople

So if you want a super pro version you can share with Salespeople who may run smaller events, then I'd go buy atEvent or something like that. Otherwise, it works pretty well.

Remember, the App itself does nothing than update Program Member Status. So you can adjust the Status in the App, then use a trigger to activate At Event emails or SMS or other workflows.

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Is Marketo's Events app still up and running?

I think the Marketo Events app is still up and running, although I don't think Adobe has done any UI/feature updates post its acquisition of Marketo. This experience league documentation page that talks about the Marketo events app was last updated in April 2021; the app was still functional as of that time. I think it'd still be functional as Adobe would let Marketo users know about any such deprecation activity in its product release notes. I think since the pandemic, users of this app have fallen drastically and hence, Adobe may not have prioritized making updates to the app.

P.S. - The Marketo events app is only supported on iOS and Android tablet devices.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It's a decent app. I wish it were updated to be more like Certain or atEvent.

What it does:

• Syncs Program Member data of Registered within 7 day window of Scheduled Program Event Date.
  • Allows you to Mark Attended
  • Allows you to Add New People who show up randomly.
  • Works on Android or iPad tablets.

Issues:

• On shared usernames (it needs a user login if you want to be secure with non staff), it has issues logging in sometimes.
  • doesn't always sync, but haven't seen this problem myself.
  • A little clunky
  • intended for Marketers, not salespeople

So if you want a super pro version you can share with Salespeople who may run smaller events, then I'd go buy atEvent or something like that. Otherwise, it works pretty well.

Remember, the App itself does nothing than update Program Member Status. So you can adjust the Status in the App, then use a trigger to activate At Event emails or SMS or other workflows.

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

I agree with Josh. It's decent, but very basic. It's name (Marketo Event Check-in app) sums it up; it really is an app to be used only for checking people in at an event.

StevenJ
Level 1

Is Marketo's Events app still up and running?

Hey Josh,

As you provided the most detailed description of the Marketo's Event app - do you know if it is still being supported and people are actually still using it? I am asking because this post is from 2017...

Thank you sooo much! 

Katie_Tritch
Level 2

I would love to know this as well!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I think the Marketo Events app is still up and running, although I don't think Adobe has done any UI/feature updates post its acquisition of Marketo. This experience league documentation page that talks about the Marketo events app was last updated in April 2021; the app was still functional as of that time. I think it'd still be functional as Adobe would let Marketo users know about any such deprecation activity in its product release notes. I think since the pandemic, users of this app have fallen drastically and hence, Adobe may not have prioritized making updates to the app.

P.S. - The Marketo events app is only supported on iOS and Android tablet devices.

Anna_Kroner
Level 2

The app does what it promises - it allows you to check people in at an event. Nothing more, but also nothing less. Josh summarized it pretty well.

The biggest downside for me is that it requires the device to be connected to the internet at all times. At our last event the WiFi was very clunky and kept dropping in and out. Every time it reconnected we had to re-enter the password.

Mark_Knight
Level 3

anyone know if the Android version has been removed?

I have searched within Google Play for 'Marketo' and can only see Marketo Moments

Android Version 5.1

- old i know, but i am trying to determine if ok on Android.

I have it working on apple ipads just fine.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

You'll need to download the APK and manually install it.

Can't find Marketo Events app on Android Google Play Store

Jason_Raisleger
Level 4

I would echo everyone else's comments about the Marketo app and in addition to Josh's note about atEvent, we have also used Akkroo. I found Akkroo to give us more flexibility than atEvent although both would be better at giving you what you're looking for (custom fields, code scanning etc.)