How flexible are the responsive enews templates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How flexible are the responsive enews templates?

We are in the midst of deciding which is the best route to go with our respnosive enews - a) design and code our own responsive enews template, or b) use an existing responsive Marketo enews template.  
How flexible are the templates? Are we able to add on to them in terms of length, sidebars, anchors etc?

Thanks very much,
Karen
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How flexible are the responsive enews templates?

I recommend importing a few and checking them out. (http://templates.marketo.com/) They are just HTML, so there isn't like a built in way for adding sidebars and whatnot- but it might make things easier for your developer or provide a starting point for someone who is somewhat skilled with HTML but not a full web-developer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Erik said.. I imported a few of their email templates, picked the one I liked, and the customized to my needs from here. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please keep in mind well designed responsive templates use media queries to position elements as percentage of the viewport.

Design Studio tends to set absolute pixels therefore elements added that way may render in wrong places depending on the screen resolution.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Breno, for landing pages, certainly... but for emails >> you can just delete the absolute sizes & write percentages into the style box. width:100%;height:auto;

Works just fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much for all of your feedback. We will proceed as suggested and import templates, and work to customize to our needs.