SOLVED

How does "Random Sample" work?

Go to solution
Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Re: How does "Random Sample" work?

Hey everyone,

I have a couple questions on this. I'm going to use this "random sample" for a different use case so I will need to keep this outside of an email flow step.

Essentially what I want to happen is that there are 7 states which are going to comprise a new shared sales territory that will have a completely different assignment rule than the rest of our territories. This is what needs to happen:

• Sales Team 1 should receive 32% of incoming leads in this territory
  • Sales Team 2 should receive 26% of incoming leads in this territory
  • Sales Team 3 should receive 22% of incoming leads in this territory
  • Sales Team 4 should receive 21% of incoming leads in this territory

The way I'm thinking this needs to be set up is that I have a smart campaign with a trigger of "person is created" and the states defined as filters, then the flow steps set up with the random sample as established above.

Or does the random sample flow step require a static list? In which case I would imagine the way it would need to be set up would be that I'd have a smart campaign listening for when new people are created in this shared sales territory, with a flow step to add them to a static list. Then, I'd have a second smart campaign set up with a trigger "Is Added to List" and the flow steps set up with the random sample as established above.

My other question though is this. Will this random sample work as a triggered campaign on a static list as it grows, or can it only work once on a static list through a batch campaign? (In other words, will the random sample flow step recognize the changes in list size and adjust the %'s accordingly?)

Josh Hill​?