How does Original Search Phrase get populated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does Original Search Phrase get populated?

There seems to be a lot of discussion in the community about Original Search Phrase information not being populated in lead records, but how exactly is this done to begin with?

I understand that due to some changes in Secure Search, organic search data will no longer appear or be trackable in Marketo. I've also been told that paid search should not be effected by these changes, and that we should still see this information passed through the system.

Can someone explain how Original Search Phrase is populated in Marketo? Specifically, if there is something that I need to set up on our forms/landing pages to track this information, or if it is automatically passed from the search engine.
2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: How does Original Search Phrase get populated?

Hi Justin, if the information is available, it should just be passed along. I know that Google has restricted most (if not all) of the search information, so unfortunately it is much less useful to you on an individual basis. Within analytics you should still be able to see general trends and informaiton about searches.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Original Search Phrase get populated?

Paid search is now being restricted as well; I'm no longer seeing this data passed into Marketo.