How does Marketo crawl/index your non-Marketo web pages?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does Marketo crawl/index your non-Marketo web pages?

Hi,

I am trying to create a smart campaign to monitor visits to several related pages on my website.  Although non of the pages that I want to track are hosted in Marketo, when I try to create a Smart Campaign and add a filter and trigger for "visits web page," Marketo recognizes 1 of the 3 pages that I want to track.  All three pages already have Marketo tracking code on them, however, every time I try to enter the URLs for two of the three pages, I get an error.

I'm curious about how Marketo indexes non-Marketo pages, and I'm also wondering if there is a workaround that anybody can recommend that won't require me to host the pages through Marketo.

Thanks in advance!!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Marketo crawl/index your non-Marketo web pages?

I usually don't have this problem, but experienced it a couple weeks ago. Turned out that when I removed the http:// from the URL, it worked. Not sure if that's your issue or not, but it's something to try. As long as there is Munchkin code on the page, it should be good to go.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Marketo crawl/index your non-Marketo web pages?

Echoing Tom's comment, I'd reduce the parts of the URL to the critical piece, probably everything after the domain name and before parameters, then use the "contains" qualifier.  I don't know that you'll get these pages to show in your smartlist drop down, but you should get more results in your actual search.