SOLVED

Re: How does Engagement Program skip a gated content?

Go to solution
KanakoTone
Level 5

How does Engagement Program skip a gated content?

I'm trying to avoid different emails for the same content to a same person.

I have a content program that is used in EP. Like this.

Screenshot 2016-05-05 20.06.49.png

So, if a member of the EP already filled the eBook Form above, the lead won't receive the email (email A) sent by CEO smart campaign above. I believe this "skip" happens based on the programs status of lead (= whether the lead is a member of default program above or not.) Correct me if I'm wrong.

There is another program that has sent out an email for the same content (email B). We would like to add those who opened or clicked the email B to the EP. If they only opened/clicked but didn't fill the form, I believe they will receive the email A. Is there any way to avoid this? One workaround I could come up with was to have a filter on smart list that "Member of EP is True" AND "Not Was Sent Email B". But I wonder whether this setup will push the lead to the next content, instead of waiting for one cadence. Can anyone confirm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The answers by Edward Unthank​ in This post helped me out.  I think it should work for your situation as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here is what I believe will happen when you use Programs:

• Engagement calls the special campaign with the arrow.
  • The campaign evaluates the smart list: yes, lead is Member of Engagement, yes Lead meets XYZ conditions.
  • If lead is OK, it proceeds to the flow, receiving the email. if this email was previously sent to the Lead, it is NOT sent. (Asset ID only).
  • If lead is NOT OK, lead effectively skips this Cast and waits for the next content in the Queue at the next Cast. So this week, they get nothing.

I think these smart lists will help. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the order in which you sent Emails A and B and what you really want to have happen:

Clicked Link in Email B OR Opened Email B

(Clicked Link in Email B OR Opened Email B) AND Not Filled Out Form X on Page Y

KanakoTone
Level 5

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your reply! Email B has been out, and the initial plan was to add those who filled out form from Email B to the EP. This seemed simple and easy. However, now we'd like to add those who didn't fill out the form but had some engagements, i.e. open email or click email. And, we'd not like them to receive Email A, which is very similar to Email B. But we'd not like them to receive nothing either. It'd be great if we can push them to the next content....

Anonymous
Not applicable

The answers by Edward Unthank​ in This post helped me out.  I think it should work for your situation as well.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

yes, that would be the solution to use or do the decision in the flow.

KanakoTone
Level 5

Thank you Josh! (I mean, both Josh!)

However, it's still unclear whether Edwards's method will send a lead to the next content if he is on "exclusion" status on the same cast.

KanakoTone
Level 5

Never mind. I finally understood what his method does. Perfect.