Re: How do you track MQL's?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you track MQL's?

We have been tracking MQL's using change in prospect stage, but amended this method due to Marketo's data archive process. So I wanted to pose this question to the community: How are you tracking MQL's? What's the best way?

Our old method:
Analytics Report - Track leads created in all time, grouped by created date. Smart list includes only leads whose Prospect Stage was changed to MQL from a value other than MQL in the past month.

The above data is archived (for the most part) after 90 days so we lose a lot of historical data.

New method:
I created a new field called "Most Recent MQL Date." When a lead goes through the Create MQL lead routing campaign, this field is set to {{system.date}}

Analytics report - Track leads created in all time, grouped by Most Recent MQL date.

This has only been running a few months, so historical data is lost.

Curious if anyone is running an alternative tracking method!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do something very similar to your new method. We have a "MQL Threshold Crossed" field, and that gets updated with {{system.Date}} when the MQL campaign runs. We've been using this method for the past 6 months, and it works well for us. There was a painful period while we were switching over in which we had to find workarounds to pull the data (things like "score changed from less than MQL to more than MQL").
Scott_Kendrick
Level 2

This is a very hold thread but can you explain how you did the following:

"workarounds to pull the data (things like "score changed from less than MQL to more than MQL")."

How did you calculate when score changed for a group of leads?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there is a way to systematically capture something like "tell me all the times when score changed from less than MQL to more than MQL."

Instead I focus on any of the field you may be updating when the score hits MQL. Maybe you're changing the Lead Status, or checking the MQL checkbox - or in some other way capturing the event. That's where I would look for the date information.