How do you setup a A/B test in a Nurture campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you setup a A/B test in a Nurture campaign?

We have a nurture campaign set up & I don't see how to set up a A/B test.

When we have a standard email campaign the A/B test is in the campaign screen but since we have a nurture campaign I don't see the option?
Can someone let me know under what area a A/B test for a nurture campaign would be an option? Thanks -Rob

7 REPLIES 7
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: How do you setup a A/B test in a Nurture campaign?

Rob Bryson​ You can do an A/B test on the email asset itself directly by using a Champion / Challenger email test. Here's the doc that shows how to do it: Add an Email Champion/Challenger - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Mike, this will only work if Rob is using a triggered campaign. In the past (I'd have to dig up the previous discussions), Cheryl Chavez confirmed that this actually would not work in engagement programs because they aren't triggered campaigns. Has this changed at all?

Rob, can you elaborate a little bit more on what type of setup you have for this nurture program (batch campaign, triggered campaign, Engagement Program) so that we can best direct you on setting up an A/B test?

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dory Viscogliosi​ Actually the Champion / Challenger test works in triggered campaigns and engagement programs both. The only one that it doesn't work with is batch campaigns. Not sure what Cheryl had said before without seeing it directly, but it does show it in the doc:

pastedImage_0.png

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Interesting, thanks for confirming, Mike! It's definitely possible that things have changed since that discussion. I am always wary of something that I've been burned by in the past

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dory,

I ran an A/B on an EP a couple of days ago and it work indeed. The only annoying point is the absence of automated winner detection.

-Greg

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Ahhh, my apologies for mixing this up. I just found the old thread and read through it again

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

and vote here:

To get some A/B testing in EP with automated winner

-Greg