How do you manage Possible Duplicates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you manage Possible Duplicates?

Hi,

I would like to know, how you are managing the System Smart List for Possible Duplicates?

Any best practices?

Any automatic set up?

thank you

Said

5 REPLIES 5
Juan_de_Dios_Ng
Level 3

Re: How do you manage Possible Duplicates?

Hi Said,

Marketo does have functions in place that manage lead duplication, it is important you have a regular data maintenance schedule ensure.

This includes:

Regularly querying for leads with matching email addresses and updating to eliminate duplicates.

Updates of lead information from the lead record with the most recent activity (except for Lead Source)

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

If one duplicate exists in Marketo only (ex: was created by a list import, etc), I will merge those manually if there's either no conflicting data or if there's merely a data enhancement.

If the duplicates both exist in SFDC, I will contact the owner and see if they should be merged, and then I request our admins to merge them in SFDC only.

We used to have DemandTools to help us easily manage dupes, but since we've had to drop it due to costs, the process has become a bit more manual. I have, however, learned that the above methods work for us as long as I dedicate an hour or two per month to check the list and merge any dupes I can.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh Hill​,

Would you consider duplicating these kind of articles you authored to the community ? They would be indexed there and easier to find for most of users who would not think to go the developper's blog.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I was asked to do this by Marketo. I haven't really had the time to do this, but I can consider it after the Summit.