How do you create a LP that allow prospects to download PDF asset post form submit

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you create a LP that allow prospects to download PDF asset post form submit

Hello, New to Marketo. Appreciate this question might have been asked before, but looking for quick direction. Had some links to Product docs but could not find it.  I would like to do progressive profiling with a form submit. On submit, I would like for them to be able to download the asset as a PDF. How do I get this done?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you create a LP that allow prospects to download PDF asset post form submit

You should trigger an email to receive the pdf to ensure that people don't just give you a fake email address to get the pdf.  This is the best practice.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How do you create a LP that allow prospects to download PDF asset post form submit

I concur with Jamie's point above, this is not lead generation best practice.

Now, if you really want it, various solutions, growing complexity

• Have the link to the PDF in a CTA in the follow-up page
  • Modify the form javascript with the forms 2.0 API to replace the form with the link

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Steps

• Registration Page+Form
  • TY Page with link to Asset
    • Optional - send email based on Fills Out Form trigger with Email to link to Asset PDF
  • Upload PDF to Marketo or Your Site first, of course.
Julz_James
Level 10

What I tend to do is have the form link to a thank you page which has the asset on and then send the asset link in an email auto responder as well.

So when you add the form you select 'External URL' as the 'Follow-Up' type and then either put a link directly to the pdf, to a thank you page, or point it to your website.  And then set up a smart campaign that triggers off the form fill, so as soon as they've filled out the form and hit submit they get a follow-up email.  This is a great way to validate the email address too.

Hope this helps.

Juli