How do you connect lead upload errors to said lead via API?

FirstEnt_Develo
Level 2

How do you connect lead upload errors to said lead via API?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see how everyone does this so we can design our process to match best practices.

Let's say we have 30k leads to upload. If we get an error on one of them, we can see what the error is, but since no marketo id is created for that lead, how do you connect the error back to that specific lead so that you can fix the issue? All I'm seeing returned is a status, a code, and message for each lead uploaded.

Thanks

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do you connect lead upload errors to said lead via API?

Do you not know which item in the array caused the error? I don't see how you don't know the original data.

FirstEnt_Develo
Level 2

I don't because the error I see is what Marketo returns to me after I have sent them the 300 leads. I mean, I suppose I can store those 300 and comb through them if there is an error, but I want to see if there is something I am just not seeing.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's nothing you're not seeing, the response needs to be paired with the request.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

I'd assume you'd have dev resouces, so just make your application split the results between successes and errors and include the original payload with the respective error