How do you change the field mapping before syncing data with Salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you change the field mapping before syncing data with Salesforce?

I didn't think this was going to be so difficult.  I'm trying to set up the field mapping in Marketo before syncing data from Salesforce.  When I go to the Field Management section under Admin, I can see all the fields as they automatically came it, but it won't let me change any of the field mappings.  I thought I could drag and drop the fields where I wanted them to be?  Can someone point me to the documentation or tell me how I can do this?  And what is the "Break Mapping" button for?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you change the field mapping before syncing data with Salesforce?

Marketo has a self-healing schema with Salesforce.com, so no field mapping exercise is required. Marketo's lead database is supposed to be a reflection of your SFDC instance. As such, if you want to track certain specific attributes, then just create/update custom fields in SFDC, and Marketo will automatically mirror your customizations within the 5-minute sync interval. And if you already have those custom fields set up in SFDC, then just start the sync and Marketo will automatically create and map your custom fields for you. This was designed to reduce complexity and lessen the administrative overhead required to manage the integration.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you change the field mapping before syncing data with Salesforce?

There may be circumstance where you wish to remap or merge certain custom fields. If this is the case feel free to reach out to support by creating a case.