How do you change an individual lead segmentation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you change an individual lead segmentation?

We currently have language preference segments set up in our database. I'm looking to change an indivual leads segment, because he was placed incorrectly. 

Can I run a smart campaign to do this? 

Also, question two, how do I edit segments that have been approved and locked for editing? (I'm working with some segments that are legacy from the people at my company prior to me). 

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you change an individual lead segmentation?

Hi Jennifer,

Segments are based on values in certain fields, so you'd want to change the underlying field (maybe Country?) in order to move them. To edit segments, you need to create a draft and then edit that draft.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do you change an individual lead segmentation?

To move someone between Segments, you need to adjust the condition that placed them there. So if you have a Country or Language Prefernece field, that needs to change for the lead to move Segments. That will happen automatically.

While you can Edit a Draft of a Segmentation, you may be unable to completely change it if that Segmentation is being used in an Email or other part of the system. Usually Marketo shows this on Used By or will warn you that it won't delete something.