How do you calculate a % field in Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you calculate a % field in Marketo?

I have 2 fields in Marketo populated with numbers. I have a third field created to hold the % of the other two fields.

The problem is I don't know how to create a formula in the third field to generate the percentage of field 1 and field 2.

I am hoping to figure out a way of doing this without having to develop Javascript or use an API ...

HELP please

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do you calculate a % field in Marketo?

Make the third field a formula field. There are instructions in docs.marketo.com.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

I've always used the API or Javascript for this function and haven't been able to find much on use cases and application for the Formula field.

Do you happen to have a resource that shows 'Field Math' using a formula field?  You seem to really know the platform so I'm hoping you have some insight.  Is this something most people just do in SalesForce?

The example in the product doc is not quite the same as doing a calculation. It is more determining a static value based on another field's value.

Create and Use a Concatenated String (Formula) Field - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

It seems Marketo can do simple  + and - calculations, but true field math seems difficult without an external script 

Re: Change Data Value = Date + X Days

Re: Adding together numerical values of different fields.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It helps to read the docs

Create and Use a Concatenated String (Formula) Field - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

my assumption was wrong. It is best to run formulas in SFDC instead or with a webhook or something else. I've run into some challenges where the SFDC formula field might not show up right in Marketo, but I think that was only with a lookup field.

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Lookup fields (from SFDC) will come through as the ID unless you create a field with the text equivalent from that ID.

Diederik_Marte4
Level 6

Hi Karen,

Again a bit late on the answer here 😉

But did you check: CALCITNOW - Field formula calculations – Marketo LaunchPoint

Best,

6x Marketo Champion | Marketo Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) | Marketo User Group Leader | International Speaker on Marketing Technology