Re: How do you add nofollow code to links on landing pages?

Ed_Kuryluk
Level 2

How do you add nofollow code to links on landing pages?

Hello,

How do you add nofollow code to links on landing pages? I see how to do it for links in emails, and I see how to do it in the html code. However,  I need to add the rel="nofollow"  code to links on many pages and would prefer to do it in the link properties menu. 

Thank you,
Ed
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDIT

Based on this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14303689/javascript-add-rel-nofollow-on-returned-data adding nofollow via jQuery won't matter to search engines because they don't execute Javascript.
Ed_Kuryluk
Level 2

Thanks Jason, 

Sorry, the jQuery stuff is above my head. 

In the Insert/Edit Link pop-up there is a place to select the target, which inserts the target coding to the URL. The nofollow code can go adjacent to the target code, but your saying there is no way to do this with selections in the general or advanced tab of the pop-up?  It would seem if I could edit the URL for the target from this menu, there would other options to add other code to the URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There doesn't appear to be a way to add rel="nofollow" links via the TinyMCE editor; you'll have to do it manually.
Ed_Kuryluk
Level 2

That's what I was afraid of.

Thanks again,
Ed
JeffHensiek
Level 2

Follow up question...

1. How is this done manually?
  2. Does it need to be done in each individual email/landing page - or can we make the nofollow a global setting (maybe in a landing page template)?
  3. Since this thread started several years ago... have there been updates to the way this gets resolved?

thanks.

Jeff

Jeff Hensiek
Marketing Automation Program Manager