Re: How do we get our company logo to show in Gmail?

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

How do we get our company logo to show in Gmail?

I've seen many brands have their logo as the image in Gmail when looking at their inbox. How can we set this up? Is it difficult when your reply-to address isn't a Gmail address?

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

I think you are referring to the G Suite feature? Add your logo - G Suite Administrator Help

It doesn't need to be a gmail address, but you do need to use G Suite.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Phillip Wild​ is referring to the logo that appears on each email in someone's inbox?

If so, this come's from your Google+ account. There's a few conditions to satisfy before it appears. See here

Phillip_Wild

Hi guys. Not quite (I think)...let me clarify.

If a user opens up Gmail on their iPhone, they will see their inbox with a bunch of emails in it. Some brands have managed to get their logo to display on the left hand side of their email preview, so in addition to the subject line and preheader, you get brand identity through that logo. If you don't have a logo, Gmail displays the first letters of the words in your name inside a circle.

Part of the answer seems to be here: google - How to get company logo as contact icon in Gmail and Inbox? - Webmasters Stack Exchange

Does that help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever find an answer to this question Phillip?

Phillip_Wild

Nope! But my SVP just randomly asked me again yesterday, so I might have to research again But my theory is that unless our sending domain is identical to our Google Plus account domain, it can't be done.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

AFAIK you need a G+ page for your brand, which is (like you say) your specific sending domain.

Ruth_Baucom
Level 3

Does anyone know the answer to this now that G+ has bit the dust?

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

my question exactly

i was asked to research this one and i can't seem to find an answer((

i found an article that this might be related to BIMI feature? https://bimi.agari.com but did not go further

Did anyone actually managed to set the company account profile pic show in gmail?

Ruth_Baucom
Level 3

I am trying to follow these instructions, which seem hopeful!

How to get your logo or picture to appear with your emails in ‘Gmail’ and ‘Inbox by Gmail’ if you do...

While in the long-term Gmail will supposedly support BIMI, I don't think it does yet. I'm currently trying to get that set up though. Yahoo rejected us since we also use our domain for non-mass emails (one-off sales emails in Outlook, etc.) and they suggested we set up a dedicated subdomain for only sending mass emails.