SOLVED

How do others do do this...

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

How do others do do this...

Here is the situation.  You go to the form and fill it out, when you click on the company and start typing it searches in the backend to give the user choices on the company and if the company doesn't exist it can be added. (Picture below of what I mean)

example.png 

How do others set this type of thing up in a Marketo form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How do others do do this...

What does it take to configure something like the free one. I have Admin access to Marketo and that is about it.

Well, the work isn't really done in Marketo itself but in JavaScript, to tie together the Google API wit the Marketo Forms API. Marketo just receives the data in a regular form post.

Here's an example I built some time back with the Company field:

MktoForms2 :: Google Places Autocomplete v1.0.2 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

You can use a variety of plugins, from the nearly free (Google Places API) to more costly (like Reachforce Smart Forms) to a custom integration (one of our clients is strictly wholesale, so the Company Name needs to be chosen from a list of partners in their internal database).

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

I see. What does it take to configure something like the free one. I have Admin access to Marketo and that is about it.

SanfordWhiteman

What does it take to configure something like the free one. I have Admin access to Marketo and that is about it.

Well, the work isn't really done in Marketo itself but in JavaScript, to tie together the Google API wit the Marketo Forms API. Marketo just receives the data in a regular form post.

Here's an example I built some time back with the Company field:

MktoForms2 :: Google Places Autocomplete v1.0.2 

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing I am going to look and see how to add this into my guided landing page, and to our website for embedded forms.