Re: How do content streams function

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do content streams function

In one stream you can add multiple pieces of content / emails but when you set the cadence ex. once a week on Mondays at 10am.  How does this work when sending out multiple pieces of content?  Im transitioning from eloqua and am use to setting individual time constraints to when each piece is delivered based on a specific action. If anyone can please explain how this works that would be helpful. 

Also how do you set the criteria from the very beginning if we need only leads that have a stage of 'XYZ' to begin receiving these emails where can I set that rule?

8 REPLIES 8
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jason,

Stream cadence is set, so that means that one piece of content will be sent out when the cadence runs: Set Stream Cadence. If a stream has multiple pieces of content, the first content not received from top to down will be sent. Once the cadence runs again, the second piece of content not received from top to bottom will be sent. This is primarily for nurture engagement. If you want to send emails based on specific actions, then you will need to utilize smart campaigns: Understanding Batch and Trigger Smart Campaigns

If you would like to keep using the nurture stream, then you can run a smart campaign:

smart list:

stage of "XYZ"

flow:

"Add to Engagement Program" and you define the stream

Anonymous
Not applicable

Devraj Grewal​  Thanks for the clarification. so nurture/drip will be strictly based off time with no incorporation of behavior triggers.

Devraj_Grewal

Behavior triggers can be used to add people to the engagement program. Behavior with a specific stream's content can then move the person to another stream with later buying stage-specific content.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If there are multiple email pieces that incorporate CTA's is it best practice to set up multiple smart campaigns in order to guide users to different streams? Assuming a nurture campaign has multiple streams based on specific behaviors.

Devraj_Grewal

You can definitely build different smart campaigns that look for something like a specific product interest and then you can add those people to a stream specifically with content that resonates with them. There is a ton of functionality with smart campaigns, my best recommendation is to build a sandbox smart campaign and sandbox engagement program and play around with test leads to see all you can accomplish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Devraj Grewal​  !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason -

To build upon Devraj's responses, is the consideration of using content programs within engagement programs.  The benefit of content programs is that you can manage engagement with a specific piece of content across multiple channels.  Let's say you have a white paper you are promoting via an online advertising program and in a specific nurture. The first step would be to create a content program just for that white paper and two corresponding smart campaigns: member and engaged.  The logic here would be if I were to engage with the WP via the online ad campaign I would be made a member of the content program via a change program status flow step.  Let's say I am added to the nurture program where the same piece of content is being promoted.  Since I am already a member of the content program, I would be skipped the sending of that piece of content when the cadence runs and would move to the next piece of the content in the nurture stream.  Thus eliminating the risk of a duplicate content sends. 

Another benefit here is that you begin to establish reporting to understand overall engagement with your different pieces of content.

Thank you!

Christine

Dan_Stevens_

One critical piece of missing detail here: if a user has already engaged with that content, they will not receive anything during said cast.  Instead, they must wait until the next schedule cast to qualify for that content piece.  See more here:

Nurture Programs: Skipping a step if Asset has already been viewed