Re: How do I view the total # of leads on a smart list and view its performance over time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I view the total # of leads on a smart list and view its performance over time?

How do I view the total # of leads on a smart list and view its performance over time?

7 REPLIES 7
Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do I view the total # of leads on a smart list and view its performance over time?

To see the number of leads in your smart list go to Leads tab, you will see the number of leads in the bottom right corner

Screenshot_197.png

Screenshot_196.png

You can subscribe to a smart list to monitor its performance Subscribe to a Smart List - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

If you want to see graphs and trends I would rather build a report

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

In addition to Iryna's points, you can also create snapshots of a smart list at any point in time adding it's members to a static list. You can do this in a daily or weekly batch.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - Is there any way to view the # of leads that were on the smart list last week or last month or three months ago...or would I have had to done the snapshots, as you describe above?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sesame,

Depends on the criteria of you smart list. In some case, you can run a filter with a time constraint. But if the smart list is a bit complex, unfortunately, it will be very hard to impossible to get the content of you SL as of 3 months ago. All the more so as some of the activities are archived after 90 days and cannot be queried any longer after that period.

Hence the snapshots. The interest of the static lists is that you can then run a "was added to list" smart list with a time constraint.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If this is really important to you, I suggest using RCE or another snapshot tool like Tableau. Marketo MLM is not ideal for this type of analysis.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Gregoire. Follow-up question: How can I add members of the smart list to a static list (I assume this can be set up to be done automatically every week or month or whichever timeframe I chose, right?)

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sesame,

Just create a smart campaign with the following setup:

• Filters( IS ANY):
    • Member of smart list IS [your smart list]
    • member of List IS [Your snapshot list]
  • Flow:
    • Remove from List [Your Static List]
    • Add to list -> add choice
      • If member of Smart List [your smart List] add to -> [Your Static List]
      • default -> do nothing
  • Schedule:
    • Schedule recurrence -> every 1 week (or month)

Every week, this will remove from the list all of it's member and add again to it only the ones that should be there on this very day. When you will use the "was added to List" filter on a specific week, it will give you the exact member list.

-Greg