SOLVED

How do I use a token from a list upload?

Go to solution
Ronn_Burner
Level 4

How do I use a token from a list upload?

I'm doing a simple Email blast to 6000 clients notifying them of additional FICO charges to their accounts. Obviously, 6000 different amounts. I am going to upload the list via .csv file with the 4 fields of Account ID, Sum Charged, Sum Should Have Been Charged, Sum of Diff.

I've done this before years ago but now I forget. I believe I need to add these as Custom Fields first then name the token that appropriate field -- what do I use in the 'Value' of the token?

I know this is really easy stuff so I would greatly appreciate a quick Step 1 - 2 - 3 done refresher.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Re: How do I use a token from a list upload?

Since these would be fields within your database (they should be created under the Field Management section), you would use the tokens for each. For example: {{lead.Account ID}}, {{lead.Sum Charged}}, etc.

You would just be able to use those tokens for Flow Steps and within Emails.

Technically, you could use velocity scripting to do the subtraction of the difference. This would be done within the specific program at the token level, and you would use My.tokens (i.e. {{My.Sum of FICO Difference}}). This would save you from using a field in your database. Sanford Whiteman​ would know this script.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Since these would be fields within your database (they should be created under the Field Management section), you would use the tokens for each. For example: {{lead.Account ID}}, {{lead.Sum Charged}}, etc.

You would just be able to use those tokens for Flow Steps and within Emails.

Technically, you could use velocity scripting to do the subtraction of the difference. This would be done within the specific program at the token level, and you would use My.tokens (i.e. {{My.Sum of FICO Difference}}). This would save you from using a field in your database. Sanford Whiteman​ would know this script.

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

In other words just by creating the custom field and using the {{lead.Sum Charged}} it will autopopulate with the proper value in that field tied to the Account ID based on the .csv upload. Right?

So obviously there is no need to use the program level MyTokens.

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

That's right. Since all fields are already within your database, they would just be lead-based tokens.

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Thank you, Sir. Funny how we forget simple things we haven't used in ages.