Re: How do I update pick list values for a field?

Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

How do I update pick list values for a field?

Our company recently added new Lead Status values in our CRM (NetSuite). When I create a smart campaign/list, the new values are not reflected in the drop down list of available values. However if I type the value in, the search is successful.  I want to update the drop down list with the new values. How would I go about doing this?

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The drop down list is dependent on a Lead having this value in the database. Marketo itself doesn't really see picklists - it just sees a string field with multiple values that exist across the DB.

I assume you mean that in SFDC your admin updated the Lead Source picklist.

Keep in mind you can put ANY value in the Marketo filter or Change Data Value, so do not worry about it if the value isn't showing up yet.

Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

Hi Josh,

Sorry - just saw your reply.  The multiple values are showing up in Marketo. I just want to include them in the drop down list to build quicker searches. It's been 2 months since we switched from SFDC to NetSuite, and the new values are not showing up in the pick list yet.  I opened a support ticket to see what can be done.

Thank you for your feedback!

Anna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do an update on a test lead in your CRM that does change data values on the field you want to have your drop down options. Edit and Save on each new value. This is what I had to do in SFDC, might be the same for you with your CRM.

The values should update when the lead syncs back to Marketo. Make sure you see the activity change in Marketo before editing again each new value you want to bring in.