How do I set-up program statuses for nurturing streams (clicks, opens, converted, etc.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I set-up program statuses for nurturing streams (clicks, opens, converted, etc.)

Usually when I send out an email, I have my member statuses listed below the program (sent, opened, clicked, converted, unsubscribed). After the email goes out, I can go check the success of it in the program.

I am doing an engagement program for the first time, with one stream. I have all my emails. But where/how do I set up the programs statuses for each email? If they are already housed underneath the engagement program? I want to know after each one goes out, who opened, clicked, converted, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How do I set-up program statuses for nurturing streams (clicks, opens, converted, etc.)

Hi Rachel,

1 comment first : Program statuses should not be confused with email statistics. You do not necessarily need to set statuses to "send", "opened", "clicked" etc...  as email performance reports are already providing you with this stat out of the box. Program statuses should be used rather to monitor the global workflow of your program, although on email programs, the click might be the success.

This said, you will not be able to use statuses for this purpose on engagement programs. One of the reason is that there will be potentially many emails and therefore tracking each of them would be impossible. You would rather use "Engagement Stream Performance" reports. Then you would use the program statuses as :

• Targeted (leads who have not yet started to receive emails)
  • Nurtured (leads who have started to receive emails)
  • Paused (leads ho have been paused in the program)
  • Exhausted (Leads who have exhausted their stream without clicking)
  • Engaged (leads who have started to click). This is the success

You will pay attention attention to the fact that Nurtured and Paused will need to have the same priority when defining them in the Channel, so that you can move a lead from one to another freely more than once.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I set-up program statuses for nurturing streams (clicks, opens, converted, etc.)

Thank you Greg - very helpful.