SOLVED

How do I set up new Marketo forms embedded on my website to sync with existing SFDC campaigns?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I set up new Marketo forms embedded on my website to sync with existing SFDC campaigns?

So my developer has recreated a bunch of embedded Marketo forms on the staging environment of our website. I'm excited to get these forms migrated over to Marketo.

I see the forms in the Design Studio. Now what do I do? Leads aren't coming into the existing SFDC campaign yet, obviously because I haven't synced anything. But what do I sync with Marketo? Do I create a new program for each form and sync to the existing SFDC campaign? CAN I sync to an existing SFDC campaign with members already? What program am I using in Marketo to do this?

Help me out here folks - have no idea where to start and how to get this project over the finish line. I'm sure I'll have a Duh moment when you chime in!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do I set up new Marketo forms embedded on my website to sync with existing SFDC campaigns?

Yes, you should create a marketo program to listen for Fills out Form is X, Page IS Y. The Program can sync to any sfdc campaign.

if your SFDC Campaign exists, you can sync to it, but if the Statuses do not match what Marketo expcts, Marketo will complain, so adjust the statuses first in SFDC.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13

Re: How do I set up new Marketo forms embedded on my website to sync with existing SFDC campaigns?

Yes, you should create a marketo program to listen for Fills out Form is X, Page IS Y. The Program can sync to any sfdc campaign.

if your SFDC Campaign exists, you can sync to it, but if the Statuses do not match what Marketo expcts, Marketo will complain, so adjust the statuses first in SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, what kind of program should I be using? Does it matter? 

How do I associate the form with the program? I've only ever had forms on landing pages nested under programs.
Dan_Stevens_

Christine - you would use a program based on the channel.  We have several instances of this all over our website (which are considered "Website Content").  A single/common form (embedded) used for all gated content pages.  Just include a smart campaign with a similar trigger (and "web page" constraint) and then set the program status accordingly within the flow (in our case, we use "Website Content > Filled Out Form"

0EM50000000SxXM.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does it look like in Marketing Activitiies? That's the part I'm having trouble with. If you can share a screenshot of that it'd be really helpful!

Also I'm still not clear on what program to use - I don't have a "website content" option.

0EM50000000Sxcq.jpg

I tried choosing "content" but the member status aren't the right ones. I need "converted."
Dan_Stevens_

Looks like you're working with a plain vanilla instance of Marketo - with no customized channels (and the appropriate program statuses for your business).  Here's what our channels looks like:

0EM50000000Sxd5.jpg

And these are the program statuses within the "website channel".  Some of our channels - like event-related ones - have upwards of 15 program statuses:

0EM50000000SxdA.jpg

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Christine, if you want to use content as the channel, just edit it in admin in Marketo with the status steps that matches what you have in your Salesforce campaign.  You can add Converted and mark it as your success status.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I see now. I was asking the wrong question bc I didn't really understand my problem. I haven't used or properly applied channels to my business. Guess I fell asleep during that part of Launch Pack.

Thanks, I've customized my channels.