SOLVED

Re: How do I resume a stream that was paused for a higher priority stream?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I resume a stream that was paused for a higher priority stream?

Let's say I have a lead that downloaded some information, and I drop them into a stream for some follow up information. Subsequently, they download a trial of our product, which is of higher priority to me. I have a trigger that moves them into the higher priority stream, which they exhaust. Is there a simple way for them to move back and resume? Is that standard behavior? I'm thinking I might be able to create a smart campaign that looks for any exhausted leads, and if it finds them, check if there are any paused streams, then resume. Am I thinking about this the right way?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jacob,

You can run a batch campaign that is looking for those who are exhausted in the higher priority stream and the flow will be to move them to the lower priority stream. The leads will still have a normal cadence, so all you will need to do is move them to a new stream and they will begin to receive any new content in the lower priority stream.

The new stream will need to be chosen manually. Unless you build a new custom field that populates with the name of the previous stream and use choice conditions to then add to the stream that the lead was previously in.

Change engagement program stream

Choice 1: If Previous Stream is "Stream 1"

add to Stream 1

Choice 2: If Previous Stream is "Stream 2"

add to Stream 2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Jacob,

You can run a batch campaign that is looking for those who are exhausted in the higher priority stream and the flow will be to move them to the lower priority stream. The leads will still have a normal cadence, so all you will need to do is move them to a new stream and they will begin to receive any new content in the lower priority stream.

The new stream will need to be chosen manually. Unless you build a new custom field that populates with the name of the previous stream and use choice conditions to then add to the stream that the lead was previously in.

Change engagement program stream

Choice 1: If Previous Stream is "Stream 1"

add to Stream 1

Choice 2: If Previous Stream is "Stream 2"

add to Stream 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I think I was unclear - I don't want to move them to any old stream, I want them to move to the stream that they were previously in to finish it. Like this:

Stream 1 - Getting that good content... Hold up! I've got some better stuff for you. Pause.

Stream 2 - Here's some way better stuff my man. No? You don't like that? Exhausted.

Stream 1 - Here's the rest of that classic good stuff. Exhausted.

Devraj_Grewal

Right. So create a new custom field for the "Previous Stream". Use the trigger of "engagement program stream changes" with the constraint of "Previous Stream" and the flow will be to change the data value of the custom field to the name of the previous stream.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, your updated post nails it. Thank you!