SOLVED

Re: How do I point my Unsubscribe link to my custom Subscription Center?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I point my Unsubscribe link to my custom Subscription Center?

Hello all!

I have a client who has requested a custom subscription center, which I've built out. However, I can't figure out how to get my "unsubscribe" link to point to the appropriate landing page. I've already used the token {{system.unsubscribeLink}} inside an anchor link to style out the link and the placement, but it then points it to the generic Marketo unsubscribe page. Thing is, I don't want to change where it points on the main admin level, because we have different clients using this Marketo instance and the landing page I've created has this particular client's branding.

The only way I can think to do it at this point is to style the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} within an anchor tag and make it invisible, then point the "Unsubscribe" text to my landing page that has the subscription settings on it. This seems like it may not be best practice though, so I thought I'd come to y'all first.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Best,

-Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alex,

OK, I had not got the fact that you were running multiple clients from the same instance.

And yes, if you replace the URL, it will apply to all emails.

If you want it to be selective, the only solution is to hard code the subscription center link in the email templates and add

?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK## 

at the end (see What is the purpose/effect of mkt_unsubscribe URL parameter? )

Finally, it you are running your customers in separate workspaces with multiple domains, vote here:

-Greg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alex,

Go to your old unsubscribe page. On the page, edit the URL settings. Copy the value, paste it in a text pad, for later use. Then add "old" at the end of it and make sure Marketo does NOT keep previous value.

Go to the subscription center page. Edit he URL settings and paste the value from the text pad.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm updating my slug to be UnsubscribePage.html, wouldn't that mean that all future unsusbcribe clicks redirect to that page? I only want them to redirect to this landing page for this one client; I'll likely have other clients who also want to build custom subscription centers, and I don't want to direct them to the wrong place.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alex,

OK, I had not got the fact that you were running multiple clients from the same instance.

And yes, if you replace the URL, it will apply to all emails.

If you want it to be selective, the only solution is to hard code the subscription center link in the email templates and add

?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK## 

at the end (see What is the purpose/effect of mkt_unsubscribe URL parameter? )

Finally, it you are running your customers in separate workspaces with multiple domains, vote here:

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your help, Greg. This solved my issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, How do you hard code it? Any examples will be great - thank you.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can use a {{my.token}} for this -- it doesn't have to be "hard-coded" per se. What Greg is saying is that you don't use the the {{system}} token.  You link to the URL just as you would any URL. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I ended up doing was directing people to my landing page URL, but then hiding the {{system}} token in another link (no text decoration, and just a   in the text space), so that it didn’t show up automatically at the bottom of the email. This seems to be doing the trick.