How do I pass the Salesforce campaign member ID in a URL

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I pass the Salesforce campaign member ID in a URL

I need to include a campaign member ID from Salesforce in a link of my email (for various purposes, including having the sales rep notification go to the campaign member record so that the rep can create the opportunity from there).

I realize Marketo does not yet sync campaign member fields (which it should, that is just silly), but I don't understand why I can't include a token for the campaign member ID - if Marketo can update the campaign member status then it should be able to provide the ID for that member.

What am I missing?
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I pass the Salesforce campaign member ID in a URL

One way around this is to create a custom ID field in SFDC:

"Campaign Member ID Field" and put it on Lead and Contact records. You could have SFDC write the latest member ID to this field.

That will sync to Marketo as long as Marketo User can see it and Read/Write to it.

Then you can use that field in any normal Marketo way, including as a token for a URL creation.

Of course, this only works for the most recent campaign member ID.

I'm not sure why you are using the campaign member record here. Why not just use SFDC Lead ID to direct the sales person to the record for opportunity creation?

Another way would be to insert the campaign ID as a token on the Program, but that doesn't get you to the right record. But maybe there is something in that concept you can use.