SOLVED

Re: How do I make a boolean field show yes or no?

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, you need an HTML element (referred to by its class in the code above), then the JS:

<span class="friendlyBoolean"></span>
<script>
document.querySelector(".friendlyBoolean").textContent = "{{Lead.Boolean Field}}" ? "yes" : "no";‍‍‍
</script>‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Also, there was a typo in the code originally as I typed it on my phone, pls use the code as edited..

Brenda_Denting1
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman I am trying to do the same thing and I followed all your instructions to create the token - very easy to follow so thank you. I simply put the token in the sales alert email and did a test. The data is not being passed through the token to the email alert. The field is in a form that is hosted on a WP LP. Maybe I need to do something like this user did and add JS to my WP LP? Or should the token just work as a token? 

Thanks!

Brenda

SanfordWhiteman

Did you ensure that you checked off the field in the tree in Script Editor? Pls show a screenshot of the Script Editor canvas/tree.

Brenda_Denting1
Level 2

Hi, here is a screenshot  of the token in the tokens section and of how i put it in the email alert. 

marketo-velocity.JPGmarketo-token.JPG

Thanks!

Brenda

SanfordWhiteman

That code will output either yes or no in all cases.

Are you testing with a real email (you should) or a sample? Are you certain that the token exists in the right part of the campaign hierarchy relative to the send?

Brenda_Denting1
Level 2

Ok, I moved the token from the highest level at marketing activity (the very first folder) and put it in the actual program. And it worked! Thanks so much! What a relief 🙂

Ryan_Ramsay1
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

Thanks for this, was very helpful! 

What's the JS if the field is blank and Id like to keep it blank? As it defaults to NO if no value is found. 

Cheers, Ryan

SanfordWhiteman

You can use the code with an unlimited number of fields.

The macro I was referring to is this one: https://blog.teknkl.com/streamline-your-code-with-a-display-if-filled-velocimacro/