SOLVED

How do I know which LeadAttributes in the UI are supported by SOAP?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I know which LeadAttributes in the UI are supported by SOAP?

There are many Lead attributes in the UI, but some do not appear to be recognized by SOAP.

For instance, "Job Title".  I see it in the UI, but if I attempt to set it via SOAP I get "Unknown lead field".  

If I set "Job Title" in the UI, that field is still not included in Leads retrieved by SOAP.  (EDIT: I'm mistaken, it's there, under "Title".)

Thus, it appears that "Job Title" is kind of a second-class attribute.

How can I know what attributes can be used by SOAP?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: How do I know which LeadAttributes in the UI are supported by SOAP?

Hi Grant,

You can go to Admin>Field Management and use the 'Export Field Names' option provided there.  This will provided you with the API names that are required to be used to access/update fields via the API.  If you do not have access to this menu, you will need to contact your Marketo Admin to retrieve a copy.

The SOAP API name for Job Title is 'Title' by the way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Grant,

You can go to Admin>Field Management and use the 'Export Field Names' option provided there.  This will provided you with the API names that are required to be used to access/update fields via the API.  If you do not have access to this menu, you will need to contact your Marketo Admin to retrieve a copy.

The SOAP API name for Job Title is 'Title' by the way.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  (And I see that I do indeed have "Title" in my returned query.  Don't know how I missed that.)