How do I handle flow of leads that enter multiple programs?

Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

Re: How do I handle flow of leads that enter multiple programs?

First of all you need a list of priority for these products. In case someone is interested in all 4 products, in what sequence should they receive these email.

Use engagement programs for these products. Create operational campaigns to pause and unpause people based of the priority of product. These can run everyday. (Sequence will be super imp)

Operational email can sit outside nurture since you want everyone to receive it.

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Thanks for responding Gunjan! Conceptually I understand this. Just trying to work it out in my head regarding the number of operational smart campaigns and filter logic. Would you make a Smart Campaign per product such as this to determine priority?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Karyn_Hill
Level 4

Hi Ronn Burner​! How is this going for you? Have you gotten a solution?

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Hi Karyn! Thank you for following up. I meant to let you know I haven't forgotten about this and I promise to respond with my progress and a solution. I have some custom CRM issues to work out first which is really the bane of my existence. Once I'm able to get the data and fields pushed to Marketo to use the custom objects with all possible attributions as constraints I'll have more flexible logic to use in the dynamic segmentation and/or snippets.

I think simplifying the logic and utilizing snippets as you suggested is very likely. I also think it may just make more sense to welcome all new subscriptions with the product confirmation email they just subscribed to and driving them to a "Learn More" landing page with the product specific instructions and videos - with cross-promotion access from there. Then re-batch and put all clients in Upsell 3-email program series 60 days after most recent subscription (remember the first 30 days are a free trial - so 30 days after that).

Karyn_Hill
Level 4

The way we've forced our current CRM (MSD) to bend to the weird way we do business has caused many headaches for us wherever it has to integrate with anything else. We're just about to move from MSD to Fonteva (Salesforce with a skin) and, to a greater degree than we have before, are de-customizing our way of doing things to better match the way it natively handles things. Not everything, but hopefully enough that we'll have far fewer headaches.

Now if I can just convince people to segment people in a more useful way, we'll be doing a lot better!

Good luck with untangling the mess you've been handed. I've seen a little more of what you're going through and I don't envy you the headaches you're working through!