SOLVED

Re: How do I find the Lead Interest Object in Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find the Lead Interest Object in Marketo?

I'm trying to import the Scoring Program from the library and have created custom fields in SFDC as instructed for both the Behavior and Demographic score. But the import still failed and sent me the error below. Where can I find the Lead Interest Object to create the Behavior Score in Marketo?

Marketo encountered an error while importing Marketing Program: Scoring - Standard and Select Editions

Why: The Behavior Score field exists in the following objects: Person

What to do now: Create a field named Behavior Score in the Lead Interest object.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Hi Heidi:

I can't explain the wording of the message, but I have a suspicion of what may be the cause for the failed import:

When you create the fields in Salesforce, they come into Marketo as "Integer" (number) fields. However, in order to use them for scoring, Marketo requires them to be switched to "Scoring" fields.

Please go into your Marketo Admin, select Field Management, and search for these fields - What does the "Type" say?

If it says "Integer" and you are working with a Marketo Consultant, please ask him to change the field types to "Score". Otherwise, please submit a Support Request.

Then try the import again.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Hi Heidi:

I can't explain the wording of the message, but I have a suspicion of what may be the cause for the failed import:

When you create the fields in Salesforce, they come into Marketo as "Integer" (number) fields. However, in order to use them for scoring, Marketo requires them to be switched to "Scoring" fields.

Please go into your Marketo Admin, select Field Management, and search for these fields - What does the "Type" say?

If it says "Integer" and you are working with a Marketo Consultant, please ask him to change the field types to "Score". Otherwise, please submit a Support Request.

Then try the import again.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using Person Accounts in Salesforce? Contact Marketo support for help with this...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I've reached out to our Marketo Consultant about switching the fields from integer to score. If that doesn't work I will contact support.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This really seems like a bug on our end. Lead Interest is an internal table that is related to the Lead, but we don't expose that anywhere to the user, so this error message is super confusing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue today. Looks like this bug hasn't been resolved. I'll submit a ticket.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ick. Thank you for submitting a ticket! We'll fix it.
Nichole_Tucker_
Level 2

I am having an issues with this as well.  We have Microsoft Dynamics, and "Score" is not an option for field type in Dynamics.  I emailed support who told me to keep the field type as "whole number," but that is what we assigned the fields when attempting the import, which failed.  Support asked I provide a response here, and my ticket was subsequently closed and marked resolved.  Any help would be very appreciated!  
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

I don't think there is any CRM that has a field type "Score" - You have to create it as a number field and let it sync into Marketo as such.

Then - in Marketo, under Admin - Field Management - the field must be converted to a Score field. This can either be done by your Marketo Consultant, or by Marketo Tech Support.

As Erik points oud, the error message is misleading. However, if you have your fields converted to Score fields on the Marketo end, your scoring program should import without trouble.

After the conversion to Score fields in Marketo, these fields will still sync to the number fields you created in your CRM.
Nichole_Tucker_
Level 2

Thanks, Nicole!  This worked perfectly.  Appreciate the help!